How to Expand the Lifespan of an AC & Heating System [Infographic]
Posted on February 6th, 2018
Your home’s air conditioning
and heating system
occasionally has a mind of its own. Despite our best efforts, even the most modern of systems break down. That is why professionals recommend preventative maintenance annually. Without maintenance, your system could last for, perhaps, 15 years. With maintenance, you’re looking at 25 years or more.
Share this infographic On Your Site, Just copy this embed code & paste in your site
Life Expectancy on Average
On average, homeowners forgot maintenance on their air conditioning and heating systems. They believe that if the system is working correctly today, it will continue to do so tomorrow. That’s not always the case, though. In fact, that’s rarely how these systems work.
Preventative maintenance is uniquely designed to catch little issues before they become big problems. If you schedule regular maintenance – typically needed only once or twice per year – you’ll enjoy an expanded lifespan.
- No Maintenance = 15-18 Years
- Little Maintenance = 18-20 Years
- Some Maintenance = 20-25 Years
- High Maintenance = 25+ Years
Extend Your HVAC’s Lifespan
When it comes to making the most of your air conditioning system, consider a few choice factors to help extend its lifespan:
- Ensure your air conditioning system is properly sized for your home or office
- Perform regular maintenance, including annual maintenance, cleaning the system, and clean out the air vents
- Change out the air filter monthly
- Do not overwork the system
- Schedule an annual inspection
For a heating system:
- Select the appropriate size
- Remember to check the air filter regularly
- Use a programmable thermostat
- Limit clutter
- Do not neglect the vent system
- Schedule regular maintenance
It’s all that simple!
To schedule regular HVAC maintenance, contact Duggan’s One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning by calling 706-733-8703
today. We’re happy to help homeowners who want a more efficient system!