Is It Time to Get a New Air Conditioning System?
Posted on March 20th, 2019
By Andrey_Popov at Shutterstock
As a homeowner, you’re faced with many tough decisions. Some are more immediate, some can be put off for years. One of the toughest you’ll encounter is whether to replace your air conditioning system
When is it time to replace your AC system? A new air conditioning system
is quite expensive, and depending on its features, you could be looking at a long list of costs. The process also requires a professional technician and some interior work that can be pricey.
Therefore, you want to know when it’s really
time to replace your AC system before you shell out tons of money. Here are a few signs that your current system is on its last legs.
Signs You Require Air Conditioning Replacement
If you’re not paying attention, you may find yourself with a busted air conditioner before long. Then, you’re left in the sweltering heat without any relief. Take a moment to learn the most common signs of a failing air conditioning system
so you can save time, money, and hassle.
Here are six of the most common signs to watch for:
- Age – The age of your air condition system will be the biggest tell. If your AC unit is more than 10 years old, it’s time for it to go. Generally, a well-maintained and cared-for air conditioning system can last up to 15 years. If you are regularly scheduling repairs just to keep an old AC unit running, it’s not worth the money in the long-run.
- Efficiency – If you start to notice that your air conditioning system is costing more per month than it used to or that it has a low SEER rating, a new, energy-efficient model is in order. A SEER rating above 13 is ideal.
- Breakdowns – If you find yourself without cold air for hours on end because your system has (once again) broken down, it’s time for a replacement. The repair costs for a complete breakdown can escalate quickly.
- R22 Freon – The federal government hopes to conserve energy across the nation. As a result, they are phasing out R22 freon from air conditioning systems. If yours has freon, you’ll need to replace it to the new refrigerant (R410A) soon.
- Comfort – Your comfort level is a top priority. If you’re uncomfortable in your own home, something must be done. A broken air conditioner could be the cause. Let’s work together to get rid of the problem for good.
If you’re tired of your dated, broken-down air conditioning system, consider a more advanced, energy-efficient model. Here at Duggan’s One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning, we work with top name brand air conditioning systems daily. We can point you in the right direction.
today at 706-733-8703
for air conditioning replacement services nearby!