Most people understand the importance of a regular car tune up, but did you know that air conditioners need regular attention as well? Homeowners can contact Duggan’s One Hour each year to do their AC preventative maintenance for them, keeping their air conditioners in top shape.
Do a Little Job to Avoid a Big Job
Many homeowners leave their air conditioners alone, thinking that if there is a problem, they will just bring in an expert at that time. In other words, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” However, the point is that AC preventative maintenance will help owners avoid big repairs. It will generally save money in the long term, and make sure that a family is not suffering through hot weather, waiting for their air conditioning to get fixed.
An Efficient Air Conditioner Has a Well-Maintained Plumbing System
An air conditioner is both a cooling and a plumbing system. If a homeowner runs the air conditioner all day during 78 degree weather, it will remove about 10 gallons of water from the air. For proper operation, the AC water line must be clear and draining properly.
The check-up and maintenance list can also include:
• Check the freon levels and refill as needed
• Examine the electrical connections and repair as needed
• Test unit voltages
• Measure the compressor current draw
• Check the condenser fan motor current draw
• Check the contactor
• Clean the condenser coil, if accessible
• Check the evaporator coil and clean as needed
• Check the blower wheel
• Wash or replace the air filter
• Check the float switch
• Vacuum the drain line clear
• Measure fan motor current
• Test the heating / cooling controls
• Check all capacitors
Duggan’s One Hour can do these jobs quickly and easily. They have a terrific reputation for Augusta, GA AC Repair. If it has been a while since your last AC preventative maintenance visit, be sure to contact us at 706-733-8703.