Signs You Need Your Air Handler Repaired or Replaced
Posted on September 10th, 2019
Did you know that an air handler is used to help reduce the strain on your AC unit?
This crucial device contains several important mechanisms that are used to increase the efficiencies of your heating and cooling system throughout the year.
Unfortunately, if your air handler stops working, you might face expensive AC unit repairs, lower air quality, and higher utility bills.
What Does an Air Handler Do and Why Is It Important?
An air handler is used to circulate and regulate air throughout the entire home. It works in conjunction with your home's heating and cooling system to increase energy efficiency, lower the wear and tear on your existing AC system, improve air quality levels, and lower monthly utility bills. Air handlers that are properly maintained can provide the following benefits:
- The fan is used to effectively move air throughout your home.
- The sound attenuators help reduce noises and ensure that the system operates quietly during the day and night.
- The humidifier ensures that air is moist and comfortable during the cool fall and cold winter months.
- The mixing chamber is used to enhance indoor air quality throughout your entire home.
- The air ducts are connected to the air handler to ensure that air is moved efficiently throughout every room.
5 Signs That You Need Air Handler Repair
should receive regular maintenance
throughout the year. From checking the filters to examining every component, regularly scheduled professional maintenance can ensure that your air handler is working properly. However, if you notice any of the following signs, you should immediately call a trained professional to come examine your air handler.
- The air is not circulating properly inside of your home. You might also notice that some rooms are not heating up or cooling down properly.
- Your utility bills increase due to higher than normal energy consumption levels.
- The indoor air quality within your home suddenly decreases.
- Your heating and cooling system is showing signs of excessive strain or making strange noises.
- There is a sudden loss of temperature control.
Avoid Noisy Air Handlers with Help from Duggan's One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning
If you are experiencing loud noises such as rattling, shaking, or vibrating, then your air handler could be in need of immediate professional attention. Don't worry, the Duggan's One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning team is standing by to conduct repairs and make sure that your air handler works properly throughout the entire year.
In fact, our team of experts will perform routine maintenance, identify potential issues, and inspect your unit to ensure that it runs efficiently.
To avoid hefty repair fees, enjoy the cost-saving benefits of a properly working air handler, and improve your home's indoor air quality, schedule an online appointment
or call Duggan’s One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning