Indoor Air Quality Augusta, GA
Protect Your Health with Clean, Filtered Indoor Air
air purification products to deliver the indoor air quality Augusta residents deserve.
View the entire indoor air quality inspection sheet here: Indoor Air Quality Inspection Sheet
Improve Your Air Quality
The Environmental Protection Agency rates poor indoor air quality as one of their top five health concerns. If you’re concerned or have questions about the quality of your air, let our certified AC technicians help. We can offer a variety of solutions to get rid of dangerous particles, allowing you to breathe easier and remain healthy.
Fantastic Filter-What Makes us Better?
- Designed and recommended by leading allergy and asthma physicians
- Highest rates MERV 12 residential 1″ furnace filter on the market
- Proven most effective for allergen control
- 500% more effective than fiberglass furnace filters
- Capable of turning your home into a “whole-house” filter
- One of the only filters on the market to capture cat dander
- Captures 95% of allergy-causing particulates in the air
- Proven most durable disposable, residential furnace filter
- Continues the steady loading of particles
- Will not impede air flow
- Outperforms leading competitor 3-1 in lab testing for particulate capture and air flow (60% greater particulate loading)
- Constructed of Polyolefin, which will not absorb moisture or support growth of mold
- Contains larger pleated surface area, which allows for greater efficiency of particulate capture
- Captures up to 94% of cat dander
- Captures up to 94% of dust mites
- Captures up to 91% of dog dander
How do We Compare?
We like to compare the Fantastic Filter and the leading competitor’s filter to the fable of “The Tortoise and the Hare”. In the fable, the hare started off fast and lead the race. Meanwhile, the tortoise began the race slowly and methodically, pacing himself. Halfway through the race, the hare began to lose momentum and slowed down, eventually stopping completely. The tortoise, on the other hand, continued in his methodical way and steadily gained ground and in the end, won the race.
Fantastic filters are similar to the tortoise-we start out slowly in our loading capacity, capturing the larger particles first. But we achieve maximum load capacity while still allowing good air flow. The competitor loads faster in the beginning but soon restricts air flow, to the point of shutting it down completely at times and overloading systems.
Fantastic Filter by Nature’s Home is not available in retail stores. Designed and recommended by HVAC engineers and asthma/allergy physicians, this air purification filter has the highest rating for a residential 1-inch pleated filter. They can trap particles less than 2 microns in size, provide greater particle loading capacity than the leading 1-inch disposable air filter. Even though particles are trapped, air flow is not reduced. Fantastic Filter should be replaced about four times per year, but it is affordable and works well on allergens such as pet dander and pollen. We also offer filtration systems such as the OxyQuantum, which offers whole-house filtration at an affordable price.
ALL ONE HOUR® IAQ PRODUCTS COME WITH A 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- Ultraviolet Germicidal Air Purifier
- High Output UVC & UVV Lamps
- Reduces Germs, Bacteria & Toxic Gases
An essential part of whole-house air purification, the dual lamp OxyQuantum® LED is a combination UVC and UVV system designed to dramatically reduce and control odors, airborne toxic compounds and infectious agents. The patented UVV chamber provides precise control of UVV output that can be easily adjusted by the homeowner. The high output 190 mW twin UVC lamp extends almost 16 inches into the ductwork for maximum efficiency. As with all One Hour® IAQ products, the OxyQuantum LED is certified as safe and beneficial for residential use by the International Indoor Air Quality
Association. For HVAC systems up to 5 tons.
- Medical studies prove the effectiveness of ultraviolet light on germs and infectious agents
- High output twin UVC lamp kills and controls germs and infectious agents and toxic gases
- Harvard study shows the need to control toxic gases in your home
- Patented UVV light chamber is easily adjustable and controls the amount of ozone
- Prolongs life of HVAC systems and maintains efficiency
- Completely silent
We also offer PureSept HEPA Bypass Filter, which is fan-powered between three different types of filters. It can be duct mounted or collar mounted to fit any AC or heating system and the filters are easily accessible. A soundproof cabinet and impeller blades draw the pollutants through the filters for high efficiency air purification like that used in hospitals and laboratory clean rooms. This air filter has a 7-year limited warranty.
Indoor Air Purifier Selection Tips
Indoor air purification systems in your home are no longer a luxury, but a necessity. Even if you don’t suffer from allergies, asthma or other respiratory ailments, the amount of biological and chemical contaminants polluting homes today is why the Environmental Protection Agency deems indoor air quality one of the top five environmental health risks. Look for a multistage filtration process. Air cleaning devices use a combination of several types of cleaning methods which can include:
- A Pre-filter
- Activated carbon / zeolite
- A HEPA filter / HyperHEPA® / Nano Coil
- Electrostatic filtration
- Negative ion generation
- Ultraviolet light
Tips to Improving Indoor Air Quality
When it comes to preserving your health, the quality of your air indoors is crucial – keeping your home free of pesky allergens and other contaminants will help ensure that you and your loved ones stay healthy and safe.
So what are some of the best ways to improve your air quality? We’re glad you asked! Here at Duggan’s One Hour Heating & Air, we’re experts in indoor air quality. Here are some tips for homeowners to follow if you want to ensure that you’re breathing clean air:
- Keep your floors as clean as possible.
- Mop up any lingering dust.
- Bathe and groom your pets.
Open your windows to let in fresh air.
Which air purifier is best for me?
It’s important to make sure you select the best air purifier for your your home or office. Two things to consider when looking at indoor air purification systems are your budget and the size of your space. Most brands will clearly reveal the amount of square footage they effectively clean. With a little knowledge, you’ll be breathing a whole lot easier.To choose the right size air purifier for your needs, consider the square footage of the room you want to purify. You can calculate the square footage by measuring the length and width of the treatment area in feet and multiplying the two numbers together. With this number in hand, find an air purifier with a recommended square foot coverage area that matches your room’s square footage.
What are the most common causes of indoor air quality problems?
There are several causes of indoor air quality issues. Some of the most common ones include…
- It probably goes without saying, but indoor tobacco smoke is a major pollutant.
- Moisture-related contaminates. Any mildew, mold, or other types of moisture-related growth can cause allergies and various illnesses.
- Animal dander. Keep those pets groomed and bathed if you want to avoid any animal dander issues.
- Paints and varnishes. Any strong-smelling household product, such as paint, can potentially cause indoor air issues.
- Asbestos is widely known as the #1 cause of indoor air pollution. Get your home inspected ASAP if you think asbestos may be an issue in your household.